How realistic am I being about relationship?
If something doesn’t feel right it usually isn’t. Do you have a FANTASY or REAL relationship? Do you want to know the Symptoms of a FANTASY relationship?
Sometimes we think a relationship is something it is not because we want it to be. We don’t see out partners faults or listen to alarm bells because we don’t want to. This is a FANTASY relationship. How realistic are you about relationship? Symptoms of a FANTASY relationship are:
- Not asking questions you are scared to hear the answer to.
- Not being entirely honest with yourself.
- Not listening to your instincts.
- Getting angry or defensive when friends or family question the relationship.
- Not getting the things you want from that relationship.
- Not communicating openly and honestly about what you want.
- Believing that it is ok to settle, someone is better than no one.
- Trying to change yourself to be something someone else wants you to be, when you are fine the way you are.
- You don’t have shared goals or values, e.g. you have always dreamed of a white wedding and they are a commitment phobe
If something doesn’t feel right it usually isn’t. The signs are all around you just have to stop to look and listen.
Sometimes we choose fantasy relationships because we can’t believe our luck that that person wants to go out with us and think we should be grateful. We might confuse lust with something more. Perhaps it has satisfied some part of your ego to have a relationship with that person. Perhaps we want to rescue someone. Maybe it is safer to have a relationship we know deep down inside wont work out because we are scared or feel we are not worthy of having the adult, real relationship of our dreams.